Friday, July 29, 2011

Pre-Home Improvement Tour

Thanks to self-timer, I would like to give you a brief picture tour of my new apartment - before it is repainted and decorated! 
Well hello There, come on in! Take a look around! 
When you walk up the short flight of stairs, you will find my office on your right...
"Deep Thoughts with Carrie"

At the top the stairs & to the left of the office is my bedroom...

Shhhh.... I'm sleeping!

To the left of my bedroom is the living room....
Working hard sanding the baseboards...
Hardly working....
P.S. I still got it 9 yrs later (Suncrest Middle School cheerleader!)
Maybe I won't put any furniture in the living room - cartwheels and toe-touches are entertaining, right? ?
To the left of the living room is the kitchen/dining room...
Washing up for lunch...

Eating will be much more fun when there is a table, chairs, and guests!
At least I got a good upper thigh workout. :)

Thumbs up for the bathroom!
And here is the automatic screwdriver I bought at Lowe's today! It was my third trip to Lowe's this week. And definitely not my last time there! The employees may know me by name by the end of this home improvement project. 

 I used it today to take the outlet covers off the walls! PROGRESS!

Let me be honest and say that I feel slightly overwhelmed and insecure about decorating & doing home improvements.  I get nervous that I'm going to mess something up or it will look bad.  And I also easily get frustrated when trying new things.  So I have been reading Proverbs 31 to motivate me to be hard-working woman.  I really like the following...
Proverbs 31:13 ~ She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands....and does not eat the bread of idleness. (ESV) 
or
She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight. (NASB)

I just looked up what the first part of this scripture means...sometimes the women would wait for the material to be delivered, but this means "she" doesn't just wait. "She" is quick and willing to work to get things accomplished.  

Anyways, I am excited about this opportunity to learn and work hard.  And I look forward to giving you the self-timer tour of the finished product! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun, Carrie! Can't wait to see the finished product. :) love you!

Bethany E. Ward said...

What a great post! I can't wait to see the finished product. I know it will be AWESOME! Wish I could help this week :(