Coffee in Grafton w/some dear friends!
Hillsong Concert
Something I'm learning:
Psalm 91:1-2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, " My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
I hope to write more about this soon. But for now, I love the thought of being protected by the shadow of the Almighty God. That when you choose to 'dwell' and seek shelter from the Lord, you will abide (remain, continue, stay) in the shadow of the Almighty. He will protect us in all things. Read Psalm 91! It's awesome.
Fall 09 semester one of the things I was consciously learning and focusing on was to rest in the Lord - I guess the Lord is continuing that lesson in my life with this concept of seeking shelter in Him alone! It's a hard thing for me. I like to worry - when I say I like it, I don't enjoy it, but I have a habit of over analyzing, trying to control and manipulate, making my own plans, getting stressed about things instead of what the Lord desires for me to do. He wants me to pray and trust Him alone, which are both way better uses of my time than worrying. Phil 4:6-7
Favorite Song right now:
A Mighty Fortress by Christy Nockles
Books I'm reading:
UnChristian by David Kinnaman & Gabe Lyons --- Loving it.
A Sweet & Bitter Providence by John Piper ---about Ruth and Boaz and God's providence and glory in their lives. It is further teaching me about dwelling in the shelter of the Most High.
Something to pray for:
The starting up of campaigners, YL's bible study and discussion group, at Grafton High School at Grafton 123 (great coffee shop) within the next few weeks!! Another stage of rebuilding--that God will amaze us with His work through our willingness.
Thanks for reading :)
Carrie
No comments:
Post a Comment