Thursday, February 25, 2010

A February update :)


Me and my friends Sarah, Gina, and Korey sled riding at law school hill.... notice the sign!! We enjoyed a taste of childhood :) It was a great way to enjoy the 14+ inches of snow we got in 2weeks of February. WVU even cancelled classes for 1 day! It was amazing :)

Now, I am praying for spring time!! I could use some green grass, flowers, and blue sky :)
Something I'm learning:
Jeremiah 18:3-4 (NIV) I went down to the potter's house and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
God takes the brokenness of our lives and shapes them to best fit His plans for our lives and for His glory.

2 Kings 25:29 (NIV) Jehoiachin put aside his prison clothes and for the rest of his life ate regularly at the king's table. Day by day the king gave Jehoiachin a regular allowance as long as he lived.
As my friend Kristy who is studying abroad in Argentina this semester so greatly put it..."This is how to live with King Jesus too. To walk each day through life with him, eat regularly at his table (receive nourishment from the Word and all God provides) and receive a regular allowance (of His Grace).

Favorite Song right now:
Everything is Different - Shane and Shane lyrics: You made a way when there was no way, You covered heaviness with garments of praise, You wrote a song and You're singing it over me. I feel a dead heart beating now, this revelation makes me want to shout that Jesus has been sent...everything is different.

Books I'm reading:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

When A Woman Meets Jesus by Dorothy Valcàrcel,

Something to pray for:
My Nana is not doing well physically. Please pray for her and our family. She has been such a blessing to us, but she has also been sick much of the last 10 years. My prayer is that she would be wrapped in the loving arms of our Lord in this time. And be overwhelmed in His peace and love.
Love, Carrie





1 comment:

Ashley M said...

Carrie -

Redeeming Love was a huge book for me. I read it right after I studied Hosea for a few months and I cried the whole time. The imagery and application of Hosea rocked me! I hope this book is a great blessing to you and reveals more and more of God's love and sweetness to you!

Ash