Friday, February 4, 2011

3 Years...

I am sitting at Barnes and Noble, one of my favorite places, drinking a Mocha, one of my favorite drinks, and hanging out with Sarah Murphy, one of my dearest friends. It is a great Friday night! As I was reading blogs, I decided to update mine again. Time passes quickly and I struggle to keep up!

This verse sums up what I have seen and what I continue to pray for the town of Grafton & life.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen Ephesians 3:20-21

Today marks my three year anniversary of leading Young Life at Grafton High School. I attended my first Young Life club exactly 3 years ago today. I am able to remember because my YL friend, Brittany, turns 21 today and I met her on her 18th birthday. Oh my, what a crazy and awesome 3 years it has been. I have learned so much and been blessed to see the Lord work in awesome ways. God continues to blow my mind with what He is doing in Grafton. And I can't help but pray and claim the lyrics of Chris Tomlin, "Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city." I wish I could articulate all that I have learned and seen - but instead I will post a few pictures!
These are the first two girls I met and got to know at Grafton HS. Brittany Frey and Jessica Larew :)
YL club at Haymond 2008
IHOP with Autumn, Jade, Kim, and Brittany summer 2008
Freight Farm 2009
Young Life Camp, Summer 2010
Young Life club at Grafton123, Fall 2010


AND...... Grafton YL Leaders, Oglebay Leadership Retreat, January 2011
Alex Holehouse, Sarah Murphy, & Derek Roberts
I am so blessed and it has been such a blessing to lead alongside these friends of mine. And because I traveled so many times to Grafton alone - it has been awesome to be able to laugh, dance, and carpool with my friends! I am thankful for their love for Jesus and for the community of Grafton.

Isaiah 61:1-4 <3

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
4 They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.

I am thankful! It is so helpful to remember the Lord's faithfulness as I am in a time of uncertainty regarding what comes next - as of May 2011 = really soon. I am excited and scared and everything in between. As seasons change (Ecc. 3), God remains the same (yesterday, today, and forever)! Praise the Lord for that!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh this is sooo good!! i love it :) time does fly fast