![]() |
| We're pretty cool, huh?! |
I am blessed to be friends with Sarah and Cameron King. Sarah was my Young Life leader in high school at MHS. She was dating Cameron from the time that I met her, so I had the privilege of seeing their relationship blossom from dating to now 6+ years of marriage! As I sit here trying to think of how to paint a picture of our friendship - I realize I could write a book. They have been such an important part of my life and my faith in Christ for the last 8 years. I feel incredibly blessed to know and love the Kings! They have taught me SO much about Jesus, ministry, relationships, discipleship, love, forgiveness, and many other important things in life! So, here is an attempt to honor and thank them for their place in my life and current ministry at WVU.
I have learned so much from Sarah!! She modeled the Young Life ministry to me in hs, studied the Bible with me, memorized scripture with me, challenges me to grow, encourages me when I am struggling, laughs with me, comforts me in difficult times, shares her ups and downs of life with me, speaks truth into my life, models how to love others, encourages me with kind words, prays for me... etc. etc. etc.
Cameron and I have bonded over music and goofiness. We have sang together at open mic and lead worship in many different places together. He and Sarah have opened their home so many times to me. Typically, the three of us end up either having a dance party or making crazy sound effects before a hangout session is over. I've been very blessed by his friendship and words of encouragement over the last so many years.
I am especially grateful for them today because of their work at WVU with Young Life College! I just opened Cameron's blog earlier to read his ministry update letter. And my goodness, it brought me to tears. I am moved by the work they are doing at WVU for many reasons, a few being....
First of all, there are so many things that pull and tug college students away from Jesus - even if they have been living for Him pre-college. So, I love that Young Life college is providing a way for college students (who have or haven't been involved in YL before) to be loved, discipled, and encouraged to enjoy living a life following Jesus Christ with others. It's providing healthy community and discipleship for many college students at WVU.
Also, I led Young Life at Grafton HS for the last 3 years before I moved to Nicholas County. And some Grafton High School alumni are pictured on his update letter. Praise Jesus!! My days in Grafton were filled with trials, tears, prayers, and hope for the future. Only in the last year did I truly get a glimpse of what God is doing in the hearts of those from GHS and their families. And looking at the YL College newsletter gives me hope that the Lord is just getting started. I am witnessing through YL college at WVU my friends, from Grafton who I prayed for so much, living lives for Jesus! And to God be all the glory! I continue to hope and pray that as they spend time with their families and possibly return to Grafton after college - that they will continue to love Jesus and love others. Living as lights to impact their families and the community for Jesus Christ!
"Sarah and Cameron, I am so thankful for your friendship to me and now to those who are at WVU! It is such a blessing to watch and to know that those who I know and many others are being cared for by you! And I can only hope and pray that ministry will continue to be rich and full of joy because of changed lives for the Lord!"
Here are some favorite memories and pictures of the Kings' over the last so many years!
![]() |
| My first YL Camp - 2005 |
![]() |
| YL Camp - 2006 |
![]() |
| MHS football game - Fall 2006 |
![]() |
| Annual Halloween Party - 2006 |
![]() |
| YL Leadership Weekend - 2007 |
![]() |
| One of the many times Cam and I sang together at Open Mic - 2007 |
![]() |
| Allen's Wedding - May 2007 |
![]() |
| Leading Worship at Faithwalkers - December 2008 Below is a clip of us singing at Faithwalkers - Oh God You Came by Cameron King |
![]() |
| Annual Halloween Party - 2009 (I promise it is .... even though it looks like I'm the only one with a costume on!) |
![]() |
| Graduation Party - 2011 |
After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what is our proud reward and crown? It is you! Yes, you will bring us much joy as we stand together before our Lord Jesus when he comes back again. For you are our pride and joy. 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20











2 comments:
Looking at those pics makes me a little weepy :) What a beautiful friendship we've shared, and for so long now! I love you so much, sweet friend, and I join you in the glory and joy of seeing you and others grow up in the Lord. HERE'S TO MUSIC & GOOFINESS! haha
Aww man I just cried, too! I love our friendship. I feel so blessed that God's allowed us to go through so much together. You are so great, sweet Care Care.
Post a Comment