Friday, February 24, 2012

It Is Well

I find myself so flustered sometimes by to-do lists, fears, monotonous tasks, worries, others burdens, my plans, my desires, etc... that I forget that ultimately 'IT IS WELL'.  How do I rest in that? How do I believe that despite things not going as 'planned' or failures or stress or worries...that it is truly okay.  I am secure.  I am loved.  I am in the 'will of God' which is the safest place to be.  And as Andy Stanley said in a recent sermon, "My maximum potential is lived out in the center of God's will for me'.  If I can wake up and go to bed saying, "God, I'm in the center of your will to the best of my ability".  I am FINE.  I belong to Him.  He is my Father.  I am precious in His sight.  And he rejoices over me with singing (Zeph 3:17).  Hallelujah.

Oh to truly and deeply believe those words. That is my prayer!  And I hope that you too have the confidence that it is well because you are "Abiding in Jesus" - living life with Him. If that is true, if Jesus is your Lord and Savior - It Is Well!  Amen!

"It Is Well"
 Such a great song and great reminder of the true security that we have in Jesus Christ. <3 Check out the lyrics and enjoy the beautiful song.


  1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.
    • Refrain:
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.
  2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  4. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.




Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices, my flesh also dwells secure. 
Psalm 16:9 

 For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the LORD who had compassion on you. 
Isaiah 54:10 

No comments: