Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trip to Lake Champion & Back

Hello friends, its been awhile.  I have not moved into my apartment yet - still waiting on a shower to be installed!  It's an important part of a living space - I think it would be more difficult to make friends down here if I didn't have a way to stay clean. But I will update on the home improvement once I get things moved in!

Last week I took a road trip to Lake Champion, a Young Life property in New York, for a Young Life new staff orientation! It was great!  I had the opportunity to stop and visit family in Lancaster! Dolan, Stacey, Matthew, Ben, and Drew opened their home to me and took me out to get some delicious Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ice Cream at The Strasburg Creamery. It was so tasty! I really enjoyed the time to catch up with my family and it was a great way to break up the almost 10 hour trip.
Lake Champion

Then I headed to Lake Champion for training.  Three of my friends from summer staff 2009 at Saranac Village (YL camp in upper state NY) were there for training too! It was so great to catch up with them and learn what journey God has called them on through YL.  Here is a sweet picture my friend Brennan printed and gave to me and Alex.
Brennan, Carrie, Alex
All three of us are beginning this staff journey and Brennan put the verse Acts 4:13 on the picture - 
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.
I hope it is true that as we share the Gospel with kids in Maine, Rochester, NY, and WV - that the people of the community would know that we have been with Jesus.

After the awesome and short time at Lake Champion, I drove to Morgantown and spent the weekend with friends and family!  I got to see some of my 2011 GHS graduates who are attending WVU now and spend time with my other Motown friends.  I went to Mountaineer Area YL leadership on Sunday night and it really encouraged me!  The worship was awesome, the fellowship was rich, and I cannot wait to see how God uses the various Young Life teams to make an impact on WVU, Morgantown HS, University HS, Grafton HS, East Fairmont HS, Fairmont Sr HS, and Bridgeport HS. I am so blessed to have been a part of such a rich community of believers!  
Spending some quality time with Sarah, Abby, & Sarah at BW3
I am going to many Nicholas Co HS sporting events this week and then heading back to Morgantown for my sweet Nana's memorial service.  It was be a bittersweet weekend of wonderful time with family celebrating my Nana's life, while missing her wonderful presence here on this earth.

No comments: