Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Weekend of Home Improvement

My parents came down again this weekend to help me work on the apartment more! I am so thankful for them! They always go above and beyond :) It was a great visit with them and we got a lot accomplished!  It is starting to look like a home! 
My Dad worked a lot on the rest of the woodworking and the trim along the ceiling in every room.

My mom worked on cleaning the carpets. 

Yes that is dirt on the rag, gross!
 
We also took turns steam cleaning the carpet! It did wonders! 
Thirteen years of office dirt takes awhile to clean out of the floor!! We're convinced the workers never wiped their feet on a mat...Just on the carpet! :) 

TA-DA! The living room!!!!!



Okay, so I HAD to take another toe-touch picture in the finished living room :) 
The finished bedroom!!

Sleeping on the job again 

The office walls...
I promise I actually did some work too....

And the next big project..... The KITCHEN! 

We repainted this door - so it looks much better now. 

And so does the window!
Next, the kitchen walls need to be painted and the floor and cabinets need to be scrubbed.  There is still a lot more to do, but every day of work is one day closer to moving my belongings in!  

2 comments:

Aly said...

I love it, Carrie!! It looks sooo good! Glad you got to spend some quality time with the 'rents this weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking gorgeous! :) Can't wait to visit!! Love you!