Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
My morning started by taking the brief (10min) walk to the Summersville lake shore. It was a beautiful morning and so awesome to be able to walk to a waterfront! Following my walk, I had lunch with Brian and Sarah Shirak (newlyweds) who are on Young Life staff in Richwood, WV (30min from Summersville). It was really nice to meet up with them! Then I headed to downtown Summersville to get a P.O. Box! The lady at the Post Office was very kind and there was no line. It was a nice change from my personal experiences at the Morgantown post offices.
My new address is:
Carolyn (or Carrie) Wilson
P.O. Box 281
Summersville, WV 26651
Today was no only my first full day in Summersville, it was also my first day of work at Applebees. I went in today at 2pm for orientation, but I didn't get to the orientation part today. The area director manager (he was the man who interviewed me and offered me the job when I turned in my application a few weeks ago) was visiting the restaurant again today. He rarely stops by the store, yet he has been there both days I have been there. It was comforting seeing a familiar face, even though I'm sure the next time he comes I will be intimidated by him and his questions! :) Instead, I shadowed a lovely woman who has served there for 5 years. She loves her job and helped me learn a lot. Another cool thing: one of the girls from NCHS who I met at a bonfire in the middle of May is working as a server at Applebees for the summer (& is heading to WVU next year)! And I met another young girl who I am excited to get to know. Both are college age and new servers, too. So, I thought I was going to be a hostess, but I'm thinking I will probably be a server. It doesn't really matter to me. However, now I kinda feel up for the 'server challenge'. It is fast paced! It'll be interesting to write stories once I start messing up orders and drop trays, etc. I have a feeling that when dishes are dropped or broken, Applebees doesn't have the same response as when I was a server at Young Life camps ( ex. whenever dishes accidentally broke at YL camp, everyone would start cheering). Maybe I can start that tradition at Applebees?! Good idea...I think not!
I am off to bed. My feet are throbbing and I can't wait to put on my 'slip-resistant' black tennis shoes again tomorrow! :) BTW: My thoughts and emotions are still crazy and change moment by moment. I just accept it as it comes and am looking forward to being busy so that I don't have a lot of time to "over-think" how I'm feeling. One of my thoughts today was: "How am I called to be faithful to the Lord today, because that is ALL that I can worry about". If I stress too much about the past or the future, I will go crazy!
Living in the moment/today - a lesson I have been learning for a few years and am about to relearn again! I'm already convinced its the best way to live - its just really really hard to carry it out. But we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16), so it isn't impossible!
1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment