Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Big Day!

Isaiah 52:12 ~ For you shall not go out in haste and you shall not go in flight, for the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard! 

Today was the day I moved to Summersville, WV.  I had a wonderful weekend and beginning of this week with my family and friends in Morgantown.  From Saturday to Monday, my parents and I travelled to Cedar Point.  Our day in the park was really fun (my favorite roller coaster I rode that day was Millennium Force), but ended around 6:15pm due to a severe thunderstorm.  We stood under a merchandise cart.  It was a comical scene.  The storm quickly approached and before we knew it, the lightening and thunder were less than one second apart.  A kid who we talked to informed us that the Dragster (which was only a few feet away from us) was struck three times in a row by lightening.  I don't know if he had his facts straight, but it makes a good story! Either way, the storm was super close and then the rain and hail came at us from all directions.  We managed to stay dry for awhile, until the rain started going sideways.  At that point, we were soaked and decided to run to the front gate to get our belongings and go to the car.  As we sprinted back to the front of the park, we noticed the puddles and flooded stores.  The rain had fallen so quickly that both the park and parking lot had large and deep puddles of water everywhere.  We headed home from Cedar Point on Monday.
Top - Thrill Dragster

I got to spend some great quality time with some dear friends on Monday night, Tuesday, and Wed morning between packing my things for the move to Summersville (and the YL camp trip on Monday June 6!).  I also got to watch my Grafton HS friends graduate from high school last night!  This morning, my dad and I packed the car. And after some mixed emotion goodbyes, I headed south.  It's a good, new, and exciting adventure!
Alex, me, Abby, Hillarie, Matt, Derek, Sarah
Team Grafton & a few of the graduates :)
When I arrived in Summersville, I stopped by the high school and middle school, my mission field.  Its great that they are both on the same campus!  Here were some thoughts I wrote down:
I made it. I am sitting outside NCHS and all my stuff is in my car.  I'm ready to begin this new journey.  I'm sitting by the main entrance of NCHS.  I can't think of a better place to stop than here.  Over the next few years, this place will become so familiar and full of memories.  Right now, its a blank canvas.  I can only hope and wait in expectation of what God has in store for these next few years.  
Isaiah 55:8-9 ~ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  For as the rain & snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth, it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
This is my prayer:
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, throughout all generations forever & ever. Amen

I am definitely all over the place with emotions and thoughts.  But for now I have a busy couple of days and then I head to Young Life camp on Monday! And I want to 'rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances'.

Thank you to all my friends and family who have been constantly encouraging me and cheering me on!  You don't know how much of a blessing that is to me!  And thank you for the prayers! :) 

3 comments:

Jacob Lloyd Nixon said...

Beautiful stuff Carrie

Carolyn E. Berlepsch said...

Thanks Jacob!

Anonymous said...

So excited for your new adventure! We love you so much, CARRIE!