Monday, June 20, 2011

It Is Well

Me, Kelsey, & Shayla at Rockbridge :)
I remember driving down the Grafton Road a few years ago upset and hearing "It Is Well" play on a cd. It was a breath of fresh air for my heart and I still think of that every time I hear the song.  It was a memorable moment that God spoke to me about my fears of failure and my view of things - that even if all in this world fails, it is well because I am with the Lord (Emmanuel-God with us).  My worth comes from Him and I will be in eternity with my Lord and Savior. I cannot comprehend it - but I can hope in it!! It brings peace and joy to my heart and soul.  

When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot thou has taught me to say
It is well it is well with my soul

My sin oh the bliss of this glorious thought
My sin not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul

And Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend
Even so it is well with my soul
It is well with my soul 
It is well with my soul 



So, today was one of those off days - but as I was sitting here listening to Pandora, "It Is Well" came on.  I felt like God reminded me it is well earlier this evening in other ways, but to hear it and be reminded of it in words was wonderful. Today was not even close to a bad day - it was just a 'blah' day.  I worked my first day on my own at Applebees and it was good and I made a little money.  However, I became overwhelmed with anxiety about it all - worry & fear as I talked about in the previous post.  Fear of messing up, what people think of me, etc.  So the verse that comforted me this morning was 
Psalm 57:7 My heart is confident in you, O Lord, my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises. 


I am learning so much - in every area of life - its definitely out of my comfort zone, but it is well with my soul.  Praise the Lord!



P.S. I am LOVING reading through the book of John with my NCHS Young Life friends.  Today was John 9. :)  It is so cool and amazing to learn and teach and watch others understand God's Love Letter to us! It was my favorite part of today!

No comments: